The first tee post from 8/28/17

New post 8/28/17

Along with many communities that I belong to, I am a coach at “The First Tee”, Tucson branch, which is a national nonprofit golf organization for promoting life lessons through the game of golf to the youth. I have encountered leadership through coaching at “The First Tee” during the two years I have been involved there. This has been beneficial to me because I have been able to share what one should do outside the golf course and see the impact on their faces.  I’ve learned how to communicate better and have gained a little more confidence by doing this over the summers. My role at “The First Tee” has been coaching and instilling healthy life decisions, as well as golf strategies at the golf course during the camps.  Throughout the first couple times that I was involved in coaching, it was rewarding to see some of the tips that I gave to students, for example, what golf club to use to try to get the ball onto the green and how to try to swing the golf club correctly, grasped and used.http://www.thefirstteetucson.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog post

I would say that this class has been very interesting for me. I enjoyed learning the different aspects of group work and how to function i...